Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Amy Butler

Okay, my sister's sister-in-law, otherwise known as my brother-in-law's sister, or just as Becky, has an amazing craft and sewing ability...I read her blog and see all her crafts and just wonder, "Where does she get her spare time, because I need some of that!" And although I've met her a few times, I've never met her oh so cute daughter, but I read her blog and see pictures....So, saying this to say I won a giveaway on her blog of a small Amy Butler bag that Becky made....Again, oh so cute (although Kylie has stolen it to play will.....) but I thought i would like one a little bigger....Then I have a friend over that asks me if I've heard of Amy Butler patterns.....So between Becky and my friend, Amanda, I bought the new Amy Butler pattern and decided to make me a sling!! I was so excited and 3 days later, this is the finished product!!






No I really didn't want you to see the contents of my purse, but I wanted to show you the pockets.....also, I learned a lot on this pattern....my sewing has mainly consisted of curtains and bedskirts and aprons and easy dresses for Kylie and stuff like that....quilts....I had to learn how to use lots of interfacing and gusseting and all kinds of stuff I didn't know how to do....It was a great experiance and I would love to do more.(in fact I have 4 projects going at once now, they have to be done in 2 days because my sister is visiting!)...now I know how Becky does it...she just can't stop!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

It looks fabulous! You did such a great job. It is addicting isn't it?! : )